Hey, I love the app.  That's why I had my team buy 25+ licenses.

We (and be we, I mean I) used it as the front face to a graphics repository for
this little thing that Verizon did called FiOS TV.  I set up SVN and used
Versions for the graphics team to keep all their AI files synched between the
team from all over the planet.  All the prepared graphic assets were then
synched to a development repo using SVN and the developers could get access to
the full repo of graphics at any time.

SVN and Versions provided a GUI that was friendly enough for designers to use
and SVN allowed that all the source graphics and prepared graphic assets were
always available to the graphics team and to the dev team at any time.