Hi all,
  Here's a patch which enhances the Key widget to do proper layout when
the key texts are longer than one line. The layout system tries to keep
the overall box as small as possible while still using as many columns
as the user requested. (IOW, it will stretch out the layout to fill the
last N columns even if everything could be fit into fewer. This is
important if, say, you have 4 items and you want 4 columns, even though
one of the items is two lines tall and so all four items would fit into
a 2x3 layout...) I also added a setting to control whether the key
symbol is aligned to the first line of the text, the center, or the last
line of the text.

The patch passes some manual torture testing, including a few pathological
orderings that I could think up. I've attached a sample file which shows
the new layout abilities.

I've attached the patch, since I don't trust my webmail to not mangle it.

Regards,
-- BKS