I've been using Veusz to prepare charts for use is Keynote presentations for a
couple of years now, and thought I'd pass on a tip, in case somebody else plans
to do something similar. I realise it's probably something of a minority sport,
but the combination works very well, because Keynote treats PDFs as proper
vector objects, respecting transparency, and Veusz produces nice clean PDFs.

If you want to build up a chart in several stages while explaining it, you can
do this by overlaying multiple PDFs in Keynote, then using the animation
controls to make them appear in the sequence you want. You can produce a PDF of
each layer from Veusz simply by setting "hide" on all the elements you don't
want on that layer. (It's great that the hiddenness of an object has no
influence on the layout of other objects.)

Of course, you need to align these PDFs exactly when overlaying them in
Keynote. The simple way to do this is to produce them such that they occupy the
entire slide (setting the margins in Veusz to position the chart where you want
it within the slide). That way, when you import them using "Insert ->
Choose...", they'll consistently land in the right place.

In Keynote, you choose the slide dimensions in pixels, but it also uses
physical units, which seem to have a hard-coded scale of 72dpi, and it uses
these physical dimensions when importing PDFs. Hence, to produce a PDF which
will appear in Keynote exactly filling a 1920x1080px slide, you need to specify
a page size in Veusz of 67.733x38.1cm.

I hope this saves somebody else some time!

Cheers,

Paul.