Jeremy Sanders <jeremy@...> writes:

> On 31/05/13 19:36, Zink Jason (DGS-EC/PJ-GMP) wrote:
>
> > Perhaps you could briefly give some pointers on the origin of the
crashing plugin.  When I tried to load the
> plugin I followed the directions that were provided with it, to copy its
Python file mdfreader.py to the
> Veusz directory.  I then added the plugin to my preferences as described
on the wiki.

> > The software attempts to load the plugin, but then fails saying that it
doesn't have access to the
> 'multiprocessing' module.  I read on some of your other posts that Veusz
has its own version of Python
> bundled in with it.  Does this mean that the built-in version of Python
doesn't include 'multiprocessing'?

> Veusz doesn't include the multiprocessing module in its version of
> Python, so that's probably the problem.
>
> You might be able to copy the multiprocessing module from the standard
> distribution of python and put it in the same directory as your plugin.
>
> Alternatively, you can edit the plugin to add the location of the
> multiprocessing module, e.g.
>
> import sys
> sys.path.append('/some/location...')
>
> Jeremy

That get's me a bit further (adding the local installation directory to the
path) but there is still some errors.  The application is able to find and
load the multiprocessing module, but one of the python scripts within that
module (util.py) is trying to 'from subprocess import
_args_from_interpreter_flags', and it can't find that name in the subprocess
module.

This seems to me that portions of the python modules are being loaded from
within Veusz and the ones that aren't already packed in are loaded from the
external reference.  Perhaps they are each referencing different versions of
the subprocess module?  I apologize for the questions - I'm not very
experienced with Python...

Has anyone successfully used this plugin before?  The link is here:
http://code.google.com/p/mdfreader/.  Even if someone can just confirm that
it loads properly in their installation then it would be a big help to my
debugging activities.

Thanks again for your help.