Hi Jeremy-

First, thank you for all of your effort on Veusz. It is a fantastic piece of
software.

After spending a little bit of time searching the web, etc I was able to
figure out how to get Veusz to recognize my error data columns automatically.
Now things are working out fine, but it is a little clumsy.

I have to do a significant amount of data analysis before I can generate
estimates of error. I am usually running lengthy analyses in Python, which I
then port to R for statistical analysis. It is relatively inconvenient to have
to name the column '+-'. It makes a poor variable name in python or R, and
while there are ways to over come this limitation, I would like to request
that you add a feature.

In the Data widget, you cannot tell Veusz what you would like to do with a
data column, until you have chosen a plot type. Then the appropriate options
are available. It would make Veusz easier to use if the error bars could be
similarly assigned. That is: choose your plot, choose your x-data, choose your
y-data, choose your y-data error. If you made it possible to reclassify
columns of data as error, it would make error bar plotting more intuitive. It
would also simplify data importing.

Thanks again,
Josh