Hi Brunetto

On 07/30/2013 12:49 PM, brunetto wrote:

I found today the zeromargins button on the grid widget, that's a great
thing but maybe it would be nice to have a checkbox to activate or
deactivate it. In this case I can revert to the previous settings (ok, I
can use "cancel" but it is not the same thing, and with a checkbox I can
activate it from the scripting interface). If it is not a problem I
propose this change.

I'll look at how easy this would be... You can always click on the option name and select "Reset to default".

The question. I activated the zeromargins (to merge the y axes... now I
have 3 xy widget in an horizontal row) but now the last ticklabel of the
left 'x' axis collide with the first ticklabel of the right 'x' axis. Is
there a (maybe also scriptable?:P) way to remove the last ticklabel of
an axis so that it wouldn't collide with the first of the next axis in a
"zeromargins" grid? they do not superpose but moving the first label of
the axis make the second not visible because it doesn't have enough space.

I usually use a small internal margin in the grid (0.1 cm or something) to make sure the axis values are far enough away from each other. It often looks better than no margin.

There isn't an option to hide ticks if they are too close (perhaps there should be, but it is hard to decide which one to hide).

To get rid of an extreme tick mark you could try setting "Auto range" on the axis to "exact" or "+XX%", which stops Veusz rounding up to the next tick mark. You could then set the min and max manually to be just less than the tick mark value.

Alternatively, you can set "Max position" of the axis to be just less than 1, though your data might get chopped off at the axis end.

Jeremy