On 9/23/2013 5:38 PM, Joseph Xu wrote:
I'm trying to make a bar chart with numeric labels at the top, kind of
like this:

http://www.dplot.com/barchart/barchart3_h600.png

I tried to do this by adding an additional x-y plot with hidden
markers and the bar chart length for both the y position and the
labels. However, it seems like you can't use numeric data sets for
labels. I tried some other things, like creating a dataset using
"str(y)" for the expression, but that fails also. Is there any way to
hack around this?

Hi Joseph,
Your idea about creating a dataset using str(y) is a good one, it just takes a bit more typing at the veusz console command line. If your
numeric dataset is named 'y', you could create a text label dataset by

SetDataText('y_labels', [ str(v) for v in GetData('y')[0] ])

for example. I hope this helps with your goal!

Regards,
-- BKS