Hello veusz mailing list,
(first-time poster, long-time Veusz user here -- Veusz 1.23 on Ubuntu and
Windows 7). I tried to use the Tools > Widgets > Clone for datasets.. function,
but can't get it to work. I did not find prior emails on how this should work,
therefore dropping my problem into this list.
I import data successfully from a regular .csv file, resulting in a bunch of 1D
data named L01_data, L02_data, L03_data...L20_data. I create a page, grid, and
add an XY-graph widget with the "L01_data" dataset on y-axis, and "time" data
on x-axis. From the Tool's name and description, I expect that I could take
this "L01_data" XY plot widget, and clone it so I don't have to manually
generate and XY plot for L02...L20 (all use the same "time" data for x-axis).
However, this does not seem to work.
Expected behavior:Before applying the widget, I have one XY plot, containing
"L01_data" as y-axis data. Apply the widget (clone widget = "L01_data" ,
dataset 1 to change = "L01_data", replace by "L*_data") and execute.After
applying widget, I expect 19 additional XY graphs, with y-axis data changed to
the L02_data, L03_data, etc. datasets.

Observed behavior:After applying widget, I see 19 additional XY graphs are
created: good! Yet, all have as y-axis data "L01_data". The widget names are
adjusted though if I select "build new names from ds"
Am I using the tool properly? If not, can someone provide a pointer on how to
automate cloning of XY plots (or widgets in general) -- preferably without
commandline scripts that will frighten the coworkers?

Thanks in advance,best regards,-douwe