My son in law just got back two weeks ago.
Tony

--- On Mon, 10/13/08, Desert Eagle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: Desert Eagle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [VFB] OUR Troops, Fly Fishing Related
To: "VFB" <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 6:13 PM

This is Theresa and mines second year of working with Christmas For OUR
Troops.
http://www.westtexastroopsalute.com/christmasfot.htm

Last year we sent over 600 box's to OUR Troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. My
personal goal this year is over 1000. In fact, it is such a goal for me that
if we brake the 1000 names and APO's mark, Theresa gets to shave my beard
off, (mind you, I have had this beard since I was medically released from
service in 1998). I want to make that goal, or even surpass it.

Stay with me, there is a reason for this post to the group. #1, if you know
of anyone who is, or knows someone over there, please get me their name and
apo address. If you have contact with someone over there, have them help by
providing the names and apo address of those they serve with. Especially
make sure they let you know who gets little or no mail. Please send names
and APO's to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I will get them on the data base within
the
hour. Just help me out by putting CFOT APO in the subject line. Help us
close in on the 1000 mark.

#2, when I was at sea it was always a special moment when I got mail. It was
even better when there was some simple surprise in it that reminded me that
someone back home was thinking of ME. I was wondering if it would be to much
trouble to ask the group for something. Would it be possible for each of you
to pick up an inexpensive pack of Thank You Cards, jot something down in
each of them, and maybe include a fly with a toe tag with the name of the
fly, and your e-mail address?

This thought came to me a bit ago when I was cleaning up at the tying bench
and started coming across some box's of flies from swaps, some years ago.
It
reminded me that a simple thing like a well tied fly can spark excitement
and memories of great times. I am going through and selecting a bunch of
flies from my boxes, some of the best I have ever tied. Theresa is going to
get the cards and her and Amanda are going to do the same. We have
absolutely no idea who is going to get a card, but have the faith that those
that do, will receive something special to them, and make their day better.

I know that the possibility of coming up with a 1000 cards and flies is more
than likely unobtainable. But, as many as we can send is a chance to
brighten someone's day.

If you think you might like to participate, with any amount, small or large,
of cards, or cards and flies, drop me a note off list at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Also, feel free to forward this to anyone you think may be interested.

I will need all cards in hand by November 29th because we make the final
haul to Midland on December the 1st to sort, pack and ship the boxes.

If you want to send something, just address it to;

CFOT
Jimi Genzling
PO Box 192
Lakewood, NM 88254