From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of jim
phillips
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 12:17 PM
To: VFB
Subject: [VFB] Re: Old fart fly swap tying update

John
Being that the fly is sp small, you should send at least three of them for each
tyer.[http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w3/ltr/emoticons/smile_tongue.gif]

May your GOD be your fishing partner.

[http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w3/ltr/i_charity.gif]EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me<http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=EML_WLHM_GreaterGood>

________________________________
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:28:47 -0700
Subject: [VFB] Old fart fly swap tying update

[cid:image001.gif@01C95478.180DDC20]
Because I am the "mascot" of the old fart fly swap and I am trying to tie a fly
smaller than I have ever done before (size 32 royal wulff), I thought I would
give an update to the status of my tying. Thanks to Tony, I was able to find
hackle small enough to fit a size 32 hook. (Tony, by the way, the hackle works
great. thanks) I sat down and tied 5 of the 25 needed. That was all my eyes
could handle in one sitting. I even had to pull out the magnifying lens on my
tying light to see what I was doing. I was even tempted to try the 2.5x power
reading glasses that I found on the river when I was on vacation. (Being 27,
I've never had to use them for anything yet). It is a good thing that we have
until February to finish the swap. I will need the whole time to get these done.

 John Bennett
Engineer Tech
W-(801)513-9001
F-(801)728-1970