I don't know how others do the "lift", but I do it just like I lift my
line for a roll cast.  When I get to the 12:00 position, I gently let my
rod down again to parallel and let the line drift down stream again as I
would in casting across a stream and letting the line float down.
 Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Hey!  It works for me. Close your
eyes, lift your arm while sitting in your recliner, and you can FEEL it!.

JIMMY D