From: Don Ordes <f...@tribcsp.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: ffisher tyer or collector?
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 4:14 PM

I like both my Anvils and my Dr. Slicks. If I had
to choose....good thing I don't.  ;o)

I have a 1.25" x 10" lg. dia. ceramic pump plunger
from a glycol pump, and it works great with a little oil as a sharpener.
When I get to the serrated scissors, that's a little tricky.  I sharpen
them up and then use the roughest Lanski stone to make one hard pass to roughen
the edge, so it's almost as good as a factory serrated scissors.

Wow, Salt Lake City...that was like a decade ago,
wasn't it?  I was tying for Dr. Tom Whiting at his booth.

Whenecer I see Anvil or Dyna-King at their booths,
I lend them a Fantasy Fly of some sort- usually a Flexo-fish or a mouse, for a
draw fly.  Hardest part is getting it back.