OK Peggy.....i decided i'd go for something REALLY Catskill. i know you have
the book........and i know, you know, how close we are with Mary and how much
of a good friend Gene, Mary's husband was to me. And btw, if you haven't
congradulated Joe Fox yet.....you should. So, i went right to the book and
found one i've never done before. The Conover..... in size 16.

i blended the dubbing myself using red wool and Muskrat, and it came out great.
i found (hadda dig a while, lol), some perfect hackle for the tails, in a straw
color and some perfect Golden Badger for the wings.....both necks came out of a
stash we bought from Ralph Graves years ago......when he was selling necks for
$3 each outta his shop, lmao. You know for a time he had birds same as i did,
and we both did it on Yorktown Road.

i been watchin' this A.K. Best video and i got inspired to do dry flies......i
don't do 'em that much anymore......but when i get back to doin'
'em..........they are so much fun. i always did love windin' hackle. It really
makes me think of allllllllllllllllllllll the Catskill days and Catskill tyers
and the Guild and all the good times we had there. Catskills.....dry
flies.....no one, no the other. Know-what-i-mean? i'm gonna go up and fish
Stewart Brook, and Fir Brook again next year and Russel Brook.........there
aint nothin' like bein' alone and rock hoppin' for Brookies.