Don and all, who answered,

thanks a lot for all suggestions.
Why do I try to hackle with hair. Well, Iain was asking for a fly which
uses deer hair. And therefore I thought, best will be to use as much
hair as possible in the construction of the fly. I refused from spinning
a body <G>
Well, I found the trick: Use a larger hook. <G>, this allows for a
larger hackle (longer hair), and the flies aren't masterpieces, but I
try do find an angle for the photo, where the flies looks ok.

Patricks flies for the fir swap use a soft hackle in split thread (You
remember, kangaroo), that wasn't too difficult, just this 'dry fly
hackle' with deer, is a nightmare.
Anyway, I call it a day now, (remember Europe is 6 to 9 hours ahead of
Texas, Jimmy), and we are late her.

Rene