  From: Pacres
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Tying Small Flies...

  A couple things you can try.

  At least an 8/0 thread, 11/0 or 14/0 is better if you can find it.

  I usually tie down in hook size to get a feel for proportion and technique.
Tie a couple 12's then 14's then 16 etc... until you get the hang of it.

  Fewer wraps than larger flies, and sparser materials. It's easy to get too
much on the hook.

  That's about all I got. lol

  Good luck.