OK, Jimmy has challenged us to admit that there is stuff that we don't know and
ask about it, so here I go:  I have never fished with a shooting head, although
I have read about them.  Do we have any shooting head experts out there who use
them regularly?  How do you cast and load them? What are the main
advantages/disadvantages?  Where do you get them, and are some brands better
than others?  Are they primarily made to use as a sinking line, or can they be
used dry as well?  Can you switch heads for different purposes?  How far should
a good caster be able to cast one?

Thanks in advance,

Tom