Joyce asked,

So where does one obtain some picric acid or some acid dyed furs in the USA? Joyce

Chemical supply houses (as opposed to "Laboratory Supply Houses" which tend to carry medical supplies).

Most of 'em don't sell to individuals.

And I would venture a guess that a request for picric acid would generate some inquiries from the Dept. of Homeland Security. <g> Remember that I said it was 2,4,6-Trinitrophenol? This is a VERY close relative to Tri-nitrotoluene, otherwise known in the trade as "TNT".

a.
--
Allan Fish
Greenwood, IN