Reuven: A cpl of those plugs might just work if the glue stuff on them is petroleum proof. And I have one of those kits that I keep in my vans for nail holes on the road. I may give it a try. Won't hurt to try. My thing is, I cannot get to the back side, cause the hole is right at the bottom of the tank, so I can't reach the inside. That's what I was trying to do when I used the rivet . I put a petroleum resistant washer on the inside of the head of the rivet. And I tried to use my real long needle nosed pliers to put another rubber washer on the inside BEFORE I popped the rivet. But the pliers were too short to reach. If I use any type glue, plug, epoxy etc it MUST hold, cause the spark plug wire and end goes right under that hole and all I need is for one wild spark plug wire to arc and there she goes up in flames, Chuck

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reuven Segal" <reuven_se...@iprimus.com.au>
To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [VFB] Gamefisher Outboard gas tank needed/ORRRRRRRRR

How about those tyre repair kits??? It is possible to get these little
emergency motorcycle/car tyre kits that have these plugs you put in and
tighten, such that it clamps and seals from both sides. It is almost
like a rivet.One option would be a rubber plug (Ie Emergency tubeless
tyre repair kit http://www.gondwanaonline.com.au/prod82.htm) but a safer
option would be the clamp sliding in both sides at once. Get it froma
motorcycle store (dirt bikes mainly).

Chuck Alexander wrote:
John: Thanks.. Problem is, I have read every label on every product at
Wal mart and they all say "will not bond to polyethylene  (I think
that's what it's called) plastic" which is what this is. It's the same
stuff they make the plastic putty knives and bondo scrapers and
fiberglass scrapers for that very reason. NOTHING will stick to it..
Unless there is a product I don't know about . I have just about
convinced myself to be safe and just go with an external tank.. But
I'd still like to get the on board tank either fixed or replaced.
here's the little hole I tried to pop rivet, but like I said, the gas
leaked out slowly, and the plug wire runs right under this hole and
all I need is one wild spark LOL..Kaaaaa Blooey!!!!!!!! Thanks, Chuck