Don: He just said it was "cheaper to run", so I assumed (that bad word LOL) that's what he meant. He does own a concrete pumping company out of Douglassville GA (or did at the time) so all his trucks ran off propane, so that is probably what he meant, Chuck

Maybe you can answer this.. I know it's off topic, but it IS on topic to us, cause the more money we make, the more often we can go fishing. My wife has cooked and sold boiled peanuts for 25 years now. And when we carry our 20 pound propane bottles to the propane place to get them filled, they fill them all the way full. When we just "exchange" then at the racks you find around town now, they are only filled to 80%. The propane guy told us he though it was some federal law about having the bottles too full.. I know we get 20% or less cook time per bottle "off the rack" and that is right into our slim profit margin..

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Ordes" <f...@tribcsp.com>
To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: CNG - was Re: [VFB] WHERE IS EVERY BODY?

Chuck,
I believe the part about cleaner plugs (less carbon), but propane has
nowhere the energy of gasoline, so I don't see how he could have gotten
better mpg.  If propane was cheaper by a lot, he may have gotten better
miles per dollar, but not miles per gallon.

DonO

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Alexander" <chuckalexan...@hughes.net>