To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [VFB] Friday's fly of the day

Hi Don,
interesting tie! And the idea with the screen is good! I have to test this.
Epoxy as glue?
Rene

Don Ordes wrote:
I'm working on the larger saltwater glass and grass shrimps,
using large clear plastic tubing & cutting a shrimp body from it.
It is clear, soft and fairly flexible and yet very light.
This one is taller because I split the shape down the middle with a
razor blade and folded it over on itself.  Worked pretty well.

This is for night-time snook fishing under the docks, redfish on the
flats,
and speckle trout.  I'm sure a lot of other species will take it too.

For the redfish, I'm going to make it clear chartruese with gold dubbing-
hot colors for reds.

I'll probably not use the 6-leg approach on the production flies,
but some sort of hackle or fur like PB.

The back-drop for the photo is my computer screen.  Shows up the
transparecy well.

A similar crawfish pattern is soon to follow.