To: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:25 PM
Subject: RE: [VFB] UPDATE on Jimmy D's broken foot/torn posterior tendon

I used a canoe a few times, when I was younger and had better balance. I'd
never get used to a kayak. I did have a cute little pontoon boat that I used
for a while, but it was much like fishing from a boat. Finally sold it to
VFB member Jack Lehman.  Jack loves it.

Have you thought about putting at least one "outrigger" on the canoe you're
building? If so, you could stand up when need be.  Just a thought.

JIMMY D

I have tried my son in law's kayak It is OK for a while but my hack gives out in a short time sitting with my legs stretched out in front of me. Hope to finish my canoe in the spring, I will give that a try. I have a 20' river boat but it is not fly fishing fishing from it.