From: Neville Gosling <nev.gosl...@shaw.ca>
Subject: RE: [VFB] placing guides
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, January 6, 2011, 4:41 PM

Hi Rene:

Here's what I do.

·
Go to the blank maker's website and download their
recommended spacing for your particular rod.

http://www.fishpacbay.com/product-info/guide-spacing.html

·
Using narrow masking tape, affix the guides per the recommended
spacings;

·
Put a line (and reel if you have a handle installed) on
the rod and with mild tension on the line check the line spacing and adjust a
small amount as required.

I use typewriter “white out” liquid to mark the guide
spacings. These can be easily removed.

Neville ( Nev )
Gosling