Wayne et al:

See my comments below:

Neville (Nev) Gosling

  _____

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Wayne Blake-Hedges
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 7:00 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [VFB] placing guides

Hi All;

 I took a look and it appears that these would work except where the
diameter of the rod is ¼” or less.

found small rubber bands on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Small-Rubber-Bands-Hair-Ponytail-Braids-1-4-/2003791
43182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0
<http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Small-Rubber-Bands-Hair-Ponytail-Braids-1-4-/200379
143182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea787140e> &hash=item2ea787140e

I still use the narrow masking tape, most likely do to the fact that one
roll will last a long time.  I bought mine at an art/drafting supply store.

 This stuff is made out of crepe paper with something added to provide a
straight edge. It may work but I wonder about the strength and stickiness
when

 compared with regular masking tape.  I have no experience of using it. I
still have lots left on my roll of 1/8th masking tape, but since it is 20+
years old, it has lost its   stickiness and breaks easily when removing from
the spool.

Again, easily found on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-16-PINSTRIPING-FINE-LINE-TAPE-55-yds-KUSTOM
-PAINT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem483a1f56c8QQitemZ310212777672QQptZAutomot
iveQ5fServices

Wayneb