Gudebrod was a polyester based thread where many brands are nylon based. A
few offer polyester and nylon threads but often the polyester is more like
floss and tends to fray. UTC and UNI come to mind. The closest threads on
the market right now to what Gudebrod made is Hook and Hackle's Eurothreads
and Veevus. Gudebrod got their thread from somewhere. Eurothread popped up
shortly after Gudebrod's demise. All I am saying is the source is still out
there and somebody is using it.

Scott