I just checked and noticed that the unit you are referring to Harbor Freight is
a more expensive deluxe model of the one that I was considering that was not
listed before. The cheaper ones go on sale with their coupons for about 6 bucks
from time to time. I checked the reviews and it seems that the reviews have in
fact changed. When I checked, there was a concern that the output of the device
was over 14 volts and could "cook" the battery rather tan maintain it. They are
designed as a battery maintainer rather than battery charger.

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver
BC  Canada