I’m intrigued. Don’t do much fishing w/out my fly rigs any more, but I do take
a trip or two where fly fishing isn’t feasible. Might have to get me one…

From: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-mail@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Don Ordes
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:54 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] QFTD- easy schmeezy...

“what is easy?”

Well, maybe hand the mess of fish over to the wife after, grab a cold one,
watch foot-ball, and wait for fried fish and hushpuppies.

Sounds easy enough for me.  Unless you have her bring the beer and operate the
remote... ;o)

I know this is off-topic flyfishing, but, it is fishing.  Just got my new
Cabelas mag, and there’s not a single spinning reel with a bail-flip trigger.
I’ve used these bail-flips for as long as they’ve been out, but only for lure
chunking & retrieving with one-hand operation. Went on line to some blogs about
bails without triggers, and it seems the opinions are divided between trigger
users, bail flippers, and the ‘new’ no-bail at all users. I grew up with the
manual bail flip (Mitchell 300s), but never had a bail-less model, so went to
You-tube for a demo.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQkHW00VJTQ  Looks like
it works, but I didn’t see any bail-less models in the mag, either.

I figure if I can find out enough about the bail-less, maybe get one and see if
I like it.  Then, if two guys are fighting over which is best, I can settle the
matter and win a No-bail Peace Price.

DonO