Hi Bob,

welcome back from lurk-mode. No, I was kidding with the 100 flies. Don decided to go with 18, and that's fine.

Best

Rene

On 01/21/2019 05:19 PM, haerb...@comcast.net wrote:

What is this swap about?  Who is hosting?  What are we tying?

BobH

On January 19, 2019 at 3:09 PM rene.zillm...@t-onlne.de wrote:

Hi Don,
Sure, 100 tiers.
R&D
Rene

Gesendet mit meinem HTC

----- Nachricht beantworten -----
Von: "DonO" <f...@tribcsp.com>
An: <vfb-mail@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: [VFB] Sign-up list update 1-- 1st Swap, 2019 - Pink Squirrel Nymph
Datum: Sa., Jan. 19, 2019 20:12

This is filling pretty quick.
Does anyone have a cut-off point, how many tiers max?
(The PSQN is a simple pattern, so tying a few extra should do your arsenal well.) I’m still working on holding on to a fly rod without being able to feel it in my hand. /Good side/ of that- cheap fly rods ‘feel’ just like high dollar ones.  I’m going to make a lanyard to attach the rod handle butt end to my wrist.

*Tiers:   (as of 1/19 am)*
1.  Rick Zieger
2.  Allan Fish
3.  Neville Gosling
4.  Chuck Alexander (are you still doing WW charity auctions?)
5.  Don Ordes
6.  Renr Zillman
7.  Gary Webb  *1
8.  J Balmer
9.
10.
*1  I did that ‘drinks’ swap (I may have had a helper- hard to remember details of events).  I’ll see if I can pull them out of my swap collection box, locate your PSQN, post a photo.  I tied a Cherry Fizz, which was a giant red salmon egg with a fuse (for explosive strikes). Thanks Gary for the walk down memory lane.  (I may be down to a cane pole while sitting on a lawn chair on a dock, Tenkara-styling it. But a PSQN would be a good choice then.) *2. I was thinking a light jig-style hook pattern for deeper water, too.  (Tenkara approach)       A dark pink or red bead could also serve as the yolk of a hot pink egg collar.
DonO