Hi Keith,

nice to see you around, how are you? I was not aware that you are working for Orvis.

KR

Rene

On 05/01/2019 11:22 PM, 'KP' via VFB Mail wrote:
Chuck,
I work for Orvis in the UK. Which line was it you got at $29.95 ? The Orvis line is made in the USA by Scientific Anglers. Orvis own SA. If you are not happy with it you can send it back to Orvis and they will refund it. What make is the Ebay jobby? What many folk forget is that just because a line costs a load of money if its not a good match with the rod then it wont work to its optimum. Plus the way you cast as in your style can make a difference. I always try to get people look at this when buying lines. Ive had the same as you say. Cheap line and good rod matched work wonderfully. And on occassion the cheap rod expensive line works well. Its you that casts the line by bending the rod properly. The matched combo of line and rod make a huge difference to an un matched combo. Its also good to get a good deal when buying your gear. Looks like you did that with your ebay purchase.
Cheers
KP