Hi Dr. Doug, The Florida Keys is an option. There are a number of campgrounds throughout the keys. A couple of them are state campgrounds (generally no alcohol) but they're right on the water; long key and bahia honda. I've heard that long key has a number of wadeable bonefish flats right off of the beach and you can just walk around the island fishing; bahia honda the same. I haven't fished those keys yet but I've snorkeled them and I'm planning on going down there to fish them when I get time. Nightlife is not a problem in the keys, but it will probably involve driving (depending on where the campground is).
South Florida (above the keys) is an option as well. The Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area has no shortage of night life. Campgrounds are a little tougher but they're around. You can fish off of the beaches; in the county, state, & national parks; and in the numerous lakes, ponds & canals. Both freshwater (bass, peacock bass, panfish) & saltwater are available for fishing. We just don't have a lot of trout down here! (except for speckled sea trout) The biggest problem might be reservations at this time of year. Let me know if you have any questions. Ken (Fla) Ken Staples [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.thestaples.net www.snorkelsite.com
