Hey Jerry,

I've brought rods on before but I hear it's and "it depends" kind of
thing. I packed my reels, tools & flies. I've heard people denied
spooled reels since you could use the line as a garotte.

Here's a link to the "official" TSA guidelines:

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1188.xml

Note that to every guideline there is an exception. It even says you
should pack flies in carry ons:

"Expensive reels or fragile tackle such as fly's should be packed in
your carry-on baggage."

I think I'll still pack them. I've had very reasonable TSA people and
some...well...let's just say if you give some people a badge...

I'm heading to Yosemite at the end of the week and I'll be packing
everything. Less hassle.

Also, special note: meat cleavers are not permitted in your carry on
luggage. They must be checked. :-) Same with Ninja stars.

Ken


On 7/12/05, Jerry Goldsmith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  
>  
> 
> VFB, 
> 
>   
> 
> I have a backpack with a pocket on each side 
> 
> that wiil accommodate a 4pc rod in a case. 
> 
>   
> 
> Does anyone know if I can carry them on the plane ?? 
> 
>   
> 
> JG 
> 
>

Reply via email to