On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 17:46:33 +0100
"Patrick O'Callaghan" <p...@usb.ve> wrote:

> On Wed, 2020-08-12 at 18:02 +0200, daggs wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I have a machine with an Intel igp of HD Graphics 610 [8086:5902].
> > I found several discussions on the subject stating that it isn't possible
> > but all of them are several years old.
> > so I wanted to know if it is possible to pass it to a vm?
> > I'm using kernel 5.4.43, libvirt-6.6.0 and qemu-5.0.0.
>
> If this is your only GPU, it doesn't make much sense. The idea of
> passthrough is to let the VM control an additional GPU, not the main
> one.

There are plenty of people trying to assign their primary graphics
device, it makes perfect sense for someone that doesn't intend to run a
graphical environment on the host.  Assigning the primary GPU can be
more challenging, but that doesn't mean it isn't done.

For daggs, I can only say try it yourself, I don't know of any specific
reason it wouldn't work, but direct assignment of IGD is a fair bit of
luck anyway since the hardware is constantly changing and we don't
really keep up with it.  You might need to play with the x-igd-gms
value on the vfio-pci device in QEMU, several people have found that
x-igd-gms=1 is necessary on some versions of hardware.  Thanks,

Alex