Sure Alex, thanks for taking a look.  Let me know if there's anything else
you want to see.  It is a shell script and I get the same errors if I run
as user or root.

#!/bin/bash
qemu-system-x86_64 \
-enable-kvm \
-machine q35 \
-cpu host \
-nographic \
-vga none \
-device intel-iommu \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:02.0,multifunction=on \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:0e.0 \
-drive if=pflash,format=raw,readonly,file=/usr/share/ovmf/x64/OVMF_CODE.fd
\
-drive if=pflash,format=raw,file=/home/admin/myvars.fd \
-device vfio-pci,host=00:02.0 \
-net nic \
/home/admin/kodi_drive.img