[Please try to send plain text emails to mailing lists if possible,
trying to extract the content below...]

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 20:56:31 -0500
Roja malarvathi <reswa...@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> First of all, Thank you so much in advance for your time and help.
>
> I am using Jetson Xavier NX which integrates a Realtek RTL8211FDI
> Gigabit Ethernet controller.  The on-module Ethernet controller
> supports: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet IEEE 802.3u Media Access
> Controller (MAC)
>
> I am trying to assign Non-PCI NIC mentioned above directly to the
> Vanilla VM. As it's not a PCI device, I have no idea how I can
> achieve this. Any insights or comments are really appreciated. Thank
> you again!

There is a vfio-platform driver, but platform devices generally require
device specific support in the kernel for things like device reset.
I'm not aware that we have support for any RTL devices, so unless
you're interested in developing and contributing such support, it may
not be possible to assign it to a VM with vfio.  Thanks,

Alex