On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 11:29:14 -0500
Roja Eswaran <reswa...@binghamton.edu> wrote:

> Hello Alex,
> Thank you so much for your insight. Are there any other drivers other
> than VFIO which you are aware of which could be used for a direct
> assignment using qemu ?

Nope.  Is it really vital to your project to directly assign the NIC
versus using something like virtio?  A virtio-vhost solution should be
able to easily achieve line rate for a gigabit NIC, at perhaps a small
latency overhead versus direct assignment.  RTL NICs aren't really the
best candidates for assignment even in PCI form.  Thanks,

Alex