Hello,

I'm trying to get SLI of two GTX 970 to work in a Windows 7 VM.

Some posts across the web such as [1] and [2] say that SLI as a concept is
possible to get to work in a VM, but are light on technical details (such as
the QEMU command line), and most likely use Windows 10, not 7.

The issue I get is that when using the PCI topology for connecting GPUs, they
both pass through fine, but the nVIDIA driver presents no SLI option, even
though it's patched with DifferentSLIAuto. My guess is that is because the
GPUs are detected as connected either via PCI, or via "PCIe x0", and the
driver also has a requirement for certain PCIe link width on both GPUs to
unlock the SLI options -- and DifferentSLIAuto does not disable that
requirement.

As such I believe I need to pass through the GPUs using PCIe topology, i.e.
adding two pcie-root-port devices and connecting the GPUs to those. Problem is,
when I do that, the second GPU gets a "Code 12" (not enough resources) error
in the guest.

I found a "hack" provided by Microsoft to resolve that error for devices on
non-trivial PCIe topologies at [3], but it does not help.

Does anyone have an idea of what else to try? Maybe someone has SLI working
currently? Thanks

[1] https://forums.unraid.net/topic/81750-working-2x-1080ti-sli-in-unraid/
[2]
https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/ay5o0j/success_rtx_2080ti_wsli_threadripper2_on/