On 7/21/05, Jay dedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> great intro.
> in my book, RSS is the magic bullet...it the thing we've been looking for.
> a free and powerful way to distribute video worldwide.

Let's make sure the newbies don't get confused: RSS does not solve the
big problem of bandwidth. What it does is "syndicate" your content
such that lots of feedreaders (web-based or standalone) can
"subscribe" to it and show your loyal readers the latest from you as
soon as you publish it. So it's a great way to increase and maintain
your audience. The more that happens, however, the more you'll have to
deal with the question of how to afford the bandwidth.

> im not sure if Flash files show up in RSS feeds...il let ithers chime in here.

They do, you just have to code them right. Feel free to copy my feed
at http://www.straughan.com/feeds/rss.xml for examples; several people
on this list were instrumental in helping me get this to work.

--
best regards,
Deirdré Straughan

www.straughan.com (personal)