I hear ya....
There could be a much simpler interface.  I felt this way as I was implementing it :(  I didnt do the design, but i worked it into drupal.
personally, i am big on 'Less is More' approach, especially with intital site launches.... it not only makes a service appear simpler, but it also makes it easier to track bugs in concentrated phases.  I dont like clutter... I dont like adding features after feature just because you can.  I dont like chaotic experiences.  I may not always abide, but i consciously try.

I admittedly get further out of the ourmedia loop everyday... just dont have spare time... and when i do, i have preferred to work on my own projects.  I spent months with ourmedia launch... so i dont feel bad... kinda hand off the baton.  all good.
I dont know who is in charge of organizing member support and/or creating updated help pages and site related alerts.... but its a tough job, no doubt.

Yeah sure... its alpha its beta.. and all that.  But maybe there comes a point where you cant hide behind those words.  Its been like 8 months since the site was worked on.
But almost everyone is a volunteer so.... you cant blame anyone... and people get tired.

Does ourmedia have 100% focus from the people who started it?  no.  but that is inevtiable.  I know Marc Canter is out hyping a new project which is basically ourmedia on steroids...
It is part of his Digital Lifestyle Aggregator concept... and called 'GoingOn' Network.  http://marc.blogs.it/archives/2005/07/the_goingon_net.html

I know there is an extreme amount of dedication involved with ourmedia.  It's just not easy providing a free service and not have problems.  Hopefully, they get funded soon and can hore more help.

You cant really be mad when these things happen. Everyone should know from the get go, that the services from IA and ourmedia will be prone to problems.
It stinks when your vlog gets all screwed up and you have to take time to make adjustments or re-upload media.... but its better than paying, right?

I'll see if I can ping someone and get them over here to make an update.... or prob Jay or Raymond are on it?

sull