around the 15/8/05 Kunga mentioned about Re: [videoblogging] Video
Metadata / Derivative Works that:
>I noticed that after I add the metadata I have to save what was a
>"example.mp4" movie to a "example.mov" file type. Why is that? It
>still looks the same.

because the metadata is in the qt architecture not mpeg4 (is my
guess). in mpeg4 and so on the discussion re metadata revolves around
mpeg7 and mpeg21 which are both metadata standards.

my own view is that outside of system level data
(date/time/size/format and so on) structured metadata a la semantic
web model will die the death of a thousand cuts. folksonomies are
more usable and robust and have already worked where structured
metadata has not.
--
cheers
Adrian Miles