hey pete - thanks for your help.  unfortunately, that went way over my
head.  i am, by far, the least techy person on this list.

i have a blogger account (missingkittentv.com/blogger).  does that
mean i can use this code to block them?  and, if so, where do i put it
in my template?

and, while we're at it, what is apache?