We can already start automating the process of geotagging by including
the latitude and longitude in our XML feeds.  The W3C recommends the
following format...

<geo:lat>47.612</geo:lat>
<geo:long>-122.328</geo:long>

Ideally, both the feed and indivual posts will include geotags.  This
allows us to not only map the feed provider, but also each item of
content.

FeedBurner recently added support for geotagging your feeds.  Just
signin and edit your feed, then scroll down to the "Geotag Your Feed"
option.

I am fully aware of how "not-easy" it is to find the lat/lon of a
location, but until our cameras include GPS it will remain an added
process.  To make things slightly easier, I built this location finder
page...
http://www.vlogmap.org/finder.php

Note, it also includes the new del.icio.us tagging which allows us to
map specific videos.  Yes, this is not an automated or easy process,
but we will all continue to benefit from the adoption of geotagging.

-Matt
http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Heheh - soon there are those who will automate the process of
listing you on the vlogmap - rumour - innuendo - however, until then,
you must list yourself.