matching your codec and timeline as close as possible
doesnt cut it in FCP
it has to be exact, down to the aspect ratio and fps for your timeline
to not have to render.

there is no way to automate this that i know of
i always have to match it manually
and rarely (happened once) have i been able to make a good enough
match to not have to render the whole thing before exporting.

verdi has developed a droplet for your desktop from compressor
to convert to full dv to import into FCP
full dv is FCPs native format which it responds to the best

verdi...
take it from here.

-ryanne

--