On 8/31/05, Andy Carvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In general, I'd agree with you, Clint, but this is an emergency of
> unprecedented proportions.

I don't mean to sound harsh or cold, and I respect that people want to
follow the unfolding of these events.
But not being american, I reacted to the "unprecedented proportions" part here.
I guess you mean "in america" or something, because I think what
happened on December 26th, 2004 was way worse:

"The earthquake generated a tsunami that killed more than 150,000
people, making it one of the deadliest disasters in modern history."
< http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake >

Now.. Don't get me wrong here, of course this is a local event for you
and we all feel more strongly about local events.

Thousands of swedes were killed in the tsunami (thankfully, no one I know).
Sometimes it feels like we forget too easily though.

Sorry again if this offended anyone, I don't often do this, but
"unprecedented proportions" my ass...

I hope they don't rebuild on the same location, because then you'll
have to go through this crap again.

Have a nice day,
--
Anders Clerwall