around the 7/9/05 Enric mentioned about [videoblogging] Re: Gov't
always wins the election that:
>Does KKK stand for something different in Australia than in the U.S.A.?

no. and i'm *not* a member of the KKK, I was being facetious to try
to demonstrate my point. Since I'm not North American I apologise to
everyone on the list if it came across as poor or bad taste.

>>can anyone explain to me how
>>  this is *better* journalism than that practiced by someone at least
>>  trained in some professional practice, a code of ethics, who (even
>>  though it is dumb) at least thinks stories have 'two' sides?
>
>I thought objectivity was the significant factor in professional
>journalism (getting mulitple sources, corraboration, etc.)

yep, which is as problematic as any other value, but this is my point
(and I think Andreas makes a similar point). A videoblogger
representing racist views - how on earth is that more pure citizen
journalism or more pure journalism than someone who at least uses the
benchmark of objectivity (which we can at least meaure against).
--
cheers
Adrian Miles

hypertext.RMIT