--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oh dear!
>
> Don't be intimidated by the level of discourse here. As Verdi said to a
> similar recent post, a lot of the high-level discussion is just our
field
> experts entertaining themselves while they wait for newbie questions.
>
> This list *is for newbies.

That may be, Jan, but the level of technical discourse here is driving
people away.  I haven't been able to understand a message in a long
time and I finally had to turn off the email function because I was
getting snowed under by stuff I couldn't understand and couldn't
relate to--and probably didn't need to know for the level of vlogging
I expect to get to.

I'm really not trying to compete, and I encourage everyone to stay on
this list, but for really basic questions that we might feel dumb
about asking here, a separate group is a good thing.  Besides, if we
newbies share information, we can learn at our own speed.  The traffic
in this group is so heavy that simple questions and answers may get
lost in the crunch.

I very much appreciate learning from this group, and hope to continue
to learn from this group, but it's nice to have a place to post a
kindergarten question and not feel intimidated by people who are doing
post-graduate work.  That's all.

-Bev