Ulead VideoStudio 9 accepts and outputs the largest variety of files I have ever seen a video editor do.  You can check the software out for free for 30 days at http://www.ulead.com

It WILL read ASF files and it's not picky on frame rate (fps) like most video editors.

It's also a really cool video editing program for a mere $99 bucks. Again, try it before you buy to make sure it works with your computer and camera. OR buy another camera that makes movie files at 30fps.

Cheers,
Nerissa
http://www.freevideoediting.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jayme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to videoblogging. When I first discovered it a few weeks
ago, I > rushed out and bought a video camera. I've never had one
before, and I truly > rushed into it. Anyway, the output files are
.asf, which Adobe Premiere > doesn't recognize.  I've been using
ArcSoft Showbiz, and it accepts this > format. Windows Movie Maker
does too, though I hate using that program. I > want to get Quicktime
Pro for Windows, but I don't see that file format > listed on their
website. What's up with that file format, and why does this
> cheap little camcorder use such a strange format? Is it because it's
cheap?

> Thanks. I love this group, btw!
>
> Jayme

Nerissa Oden

http://TheVideoQueen.com/blog.html
http://FreeVideoCoding.com
http://FreeMediaGuide.com
http://FreeVideoEditing.com

Where do Women get answers to their video questions?