Thanks for the insight.  I still have alot to learn.  I still THINK
that combining some features of youtube and fireant would be awesome!
  Also a web-based version of fireant would be great (webbased version
and a download version).  I also think that more people would vlog if
it was as easy as using youtube.  I just found setting up fireant for
my vlog was very hard.  I still did not succeed at using it.  In fact
I gave up on it!  I'm sure there is a lot more people who gave up on
it to.  I will go back to it when it becomes easier.  Maybe in the
future thier will be an option to just check a box at ourmedia or
google video to include your video on Ant.

Great point about youtube being sold, but more of reason to adopt some
of thier ideas into Fireant.  Your probably right I should not be
flapping my lips when I barly know what I'm talking about. LOL.  I'm
just venting some of my frustrations of being a vabe.
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> aroundtheperimeter wrote:
> > That is why I'm saying a HYBRID version of Youtube and FireAnt would
> > be awesome!  Think of all the positive options for both systems and
> > combined them.  I recommend that anybody that wants to comment on this
> >  post go use youtube.com before making a comment.
> >
> > Quote from Josh Kenberg's interview at FutureMedia:
> > "A year from now people probable won't be thinking oh this is an RSS
> > feed."
>
> We are already there. In iTunes people "subscribe" to podcasts, and I'm
> sure a large majority have no idea there is an RSS 2.0 feed with
> enclosures that makes it all possible.
>

> > In youtube.com when you join somebodies list I get all their content
> > in one spot.  So in a way their content is delivered to  me.  Sure it
> > has a long way to go before it becomes like an RSS feed, but I think
> > you get my point.
> >
> > I think that using youtube is very easy and that fireant is very
> > difficult.  This point of view is coming for a non techy, which is
> > probably the majority of people on the internet.
> >
> > For example: hey mom you want to see all of my video content?  Yes
> > honey.  Well go to fireant download this program, then search for my
> > videos. Then once you do that click on the download button so on and
> > so on. I would have lost mom at download this...
>
> Why would she search for your videos? You would just tell her to
> subscribe to your feed.
>

> > Or hey mom bookmark this link:
> > http://www.youtube.com/myclips.swf?u=paulsanchez
> > Now my mom has all this content delivered to her.
>
> But it's not really "delivered" to her. She is accessing a web site. In
> FireANT I subscribe to a feed and the videos in the feed are *really*
> delivered to me. They exist on my computer. I can play them again and
> again without having to go to a web site and stream/download the video.
>
> I guess you might not see the value in delivering content this way.
Many