On 10/7/05, David Meade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hmm. looks like a pretty cool site, Adam.  Are you involved with the IWT project?

I'm a volunteer.  Not officially involved.  I'd encourage everyone here with any "citizen journalism" skills to check it out.  I personally don't really know my place in the organization yet, but I really like the idea so I'm going to try to help them somehow.

I'm wondering things like "will each program have an RSS feed so that I can download them in ant and watch them on my own schedule rather than a set programming schedule"  and "how would each episode be licensed?"

For example, the "in brief" video was really great ...  if I wanted to include that vid on my site or in my feed to help spread the word ... well I wouldn't normally want to do that unless it was stated somewhere that that right was granted.  Or, once they are fully operational if a 30sec clip from one of their shows inspires me to action ... am I free to use that clip? etc etc

IWT is very much based upon open information sharing.  Take anything you wish and re-broadcast it on your blog.   They're not scheduled to go on-air until 2007, so any publicity is good publicity.  There are no visible licenses as far as I can see, but from talking to a couple people there I assure you that you will not be sued for copyright infringement for stealing a video from the site.  Spread it!

--
ACQ
bullemhead.com