Im very interested in any viable revenue models. Ive been interested
in this stuff for about 11 months, but I havent seen any real signs of
people making money directly from their videoblogs yet. Various types
of advertising related schemes have been mentioned, but Ive yet to
find anything that enables me to really see what the potential is
there, what the interest from advertisers is, what most peoples
audience stats are like etc.

The PSP idea is interesting. I got a PSP a few weeks ago as they are
now out in the UK (but in short supply). Theres certainly plenty of
pain-in-the-ass technical issues that make it less than likely that
most people will offer their videoblogs in psp format without help
from an external provider offering this service. Filename issues are a
pain. h264 available from v2 psp firmware onwards complicates the
issue, and theres a lack of psp h264 encoders. Failure of Sony to use
totally standard mp4 fileformat, some limitations on res that look
deliberate, other limitations that look like badly programmed
firmware/reuse of code from elsewhere, these things are annoying.

Im not sure Id pay to get psp versions of videoblogs. Id jsut convert
them myself. I might pay if they were PSP H264 versions encoded from
high-res source files, rather than reencoded from footage that is
already highly compressed.

Id like to talk more sometime about various PSP issues, and what sorts
of people have them and use them to watch video. I believe its
currently a pretty specific market, theres a demand for downloadable
video content but Ive got a hunch most people are interested in music
videos, films, tv, in otherwords commercial media that they are
already familiar with.

Steve of Elbows