Hi, folks. I have a new task - to figure out how to create a DVD that uses
some sort of logic for determining what to play next. I know, that's what
menus are for. This is going to be for an educational DVD with lots of menus
and routes to take, similar to a choose your own adventure book. I think
this may be too complicated for a DVD player but I am not sure. I am
thinking of this in terms of a flow chart, which is easy to see, but in
terms of laying it all out for making a video, I don't know a simple
construction method because then it has to be constructed in a linear
fashion. Possible to do but difficult and confusing.

So here's my question. Is there a tool that will let me break free from the
linear construction and allow me to create something that looks like a
flowchart? This ideal piece of software would let me make a menu once, then
have several video clips that lead to it, have loops that come back to each
other, etc., and output a DVD. I have no idea where to turn for this, but
knowing Steve Garfield, Verdi, Jay and others, someone will likely have it
knocked out inside of a week. How hard is programming, anyway?

I tried doing this in Pinnacle Studio and Adobe Premiere and it got wicked
complicated wicked fast.

Seriously though, what I am looking for is really just a different user
interface to make this simpler to construct. Something like Visio, but for
making interactive video. Hmm - "Video" - catchy name...

Thanks,
Carl
http://carlweaver.blogspot.com

Carl Weaver