gmjoyce_y wrote:
> I'd love to get your opinions about something I've been planning that
> ties right into this idea.
>
> I've got a full-length movie I made called "Working Stiff"
> (http://www.workingstiff.org) that I was thinking of putting up on the
> Web someday so people could download it for a small fee, say a dollar
> or two.
>
> This episodic storytelling idea got me thinking, though. Let me ask
> you: If I were to cut the movie up into 20, or 30 pieces (maybe one
> scene at a time) and release one piece every day or every week:
>
> a) would I kiss forever any hope of distributing it online for that
> small fee I talked about?
>
> b) would I lose control of the movie or would the exposure be worth
> the risk of essentially giving it away?
>
> Would very much like to hear your opinions.

You have sooooo many options...

Release one piece per week or per day, either just on a web page, or via
RSS. You could make it available only during that week/day. Put in
opening and closing scenes with the url, your info, etc... even if
someone gets all pieces, it would be some work to stitch together into
one piece, also don't put out the highest quality. All these things
might help you get exposure, and create a demand for the full,
higher-quality piece...

Just an idea...

Pete

--